Bala Vikasa is positioning itself as a key player in this new dynamic of the Indian development story. Social accountability, ethical business and sustainable development are very important for business success today. Contemporary business is more than ever before evaluating its performance and deriving competitive advantage from tangible social attributes being prevalent throughout its business cycle. Companies are critically appraised by consumers, stakeholders, communities and government based on the demonstration of sustainability in their business performance.
Business today is seeking to promote its brand and social visibility, and engage with stakeholders in seeking social licenses. It is strategizing its corporate social responsibility aimed at business operations sustainability. However, business is yet to manifest its vital role as a partner with the community for social development.
Only when such processes are in place can we build sustainable and equitable communities, where business and civil society contribute effectively. In this context, Bala Vikasa, through Vikasa International Center is placing its capabilities and over three decades of community development expertise to promote and develop business and community partnerships for larger social impact.
SERVICES FOR CORPORATES
FACILITATING BUSINESS RESPONSIBILITY
- Nurturing MSMEs and start-ups towards social responsibility through institutional capability development
- Promoting MSMEs capabilities for community and stakeholder engagement
- Supporting existing start-ups with mentoring and venture support
- Mitigating social challenges in key industry sectors
- Vulnerability assessment studies and social impact assessments
- Strategic business responsibility – community and stakeholder engagement
- Perception management – brand equity
- SROI and social audit
- Reporting – sustainable development, NVG, business responsibility and non-financial disclosures